How do you re-waterproof the jacket?
1. is it necessary to rewaterproof?
2. How often?
3. what product would you recommend?
1. When it needs it - when the water stops beading on the surface the outer fabric is wetted out, so the inner coating is now doing all the work to keep you dry, so will wear out sooner.
2. Depends how often you use the jacket and what kind of abrasion it suffers. If you wear a back pack or a messenger bag, the water resistant capabilities of the back outer of your jacket will most likely only last for one trip. If you use panniers or a rack bag the jacket takes only minimal punishment - remember to check how water beads on the surface.
3. I use Grangers or Nikwax. If they're good enough for my Goretex 3in1 jacket and Gore trousers, they're good enough for this.
5 years ago